New Words: A Deeper Meaning, But the Same Mass
The way we pray, the words and gestures we use in worship, are extremely important to our identity as Catholics. Since early 2011, we at St. Matthew's have been preparing to implement New Words: A Deeper Meaning, But the Same Mass – The Roman Missal, Third Edition, the ritual text containing prayers and instructions for the celebration of the Mass. We began using the New Roman Missal on Sunday, November 27, 2011, the First Sunday of Advent.
Below for your reference are links to the bulletin inserts published in the Fall of 2011, focusing on the parts of the Mass that have been revised and are related to your participation.
- September 18 - How does the Liturgy Shape our Lives?
- September 25 - Ten Questions on the Revised Roman Missal
- October 9 - What is the Roman Missal? & Why was the Roman Missal Revised?
- October 16 - “And with your Spirit” & Introductory Rites
- October 23 - The Liturgy of the Word
- October 30 - “I Believe” & “Consubstantial”
- November 6 - The Liturgy of the Eucharist
- November 13 - “Lord, I am not worthy”
- November 20 - Concluding Rites
- November 27 - Embracing Change in the Liturgy