Lent is almost here! It begins on Ash Wednesday, February 14. Yes, that’s right – Valentine’s Day!
Lent challenges us to appreciate this season of prayer, almsgiving and fasting as both an individual journey and one shared with our faith family, the Church. Lent is for the Church, the people of God – it’s a journey as one, yet with each of us facing the terrain and landscapes of his or her life.
Let's Keep Company this Lent!
The Lenten season described by Pope Francis as "so favorable a time for conversion" is almost upon us! Our Lenten brochure lists all our Lenten liturgies and events—pick one up, and a few extra to share, at Cathedral entrances. View and share the English brochure. Vea y comparta el folleto en español. The coming week's highlights:
- ¿Cómo me preparare para la Cuaresma y de que me tengo que Convertir?, Padre Agustín López, Martes 13 de Febrero
- Ash Wednesday Masses w / Distribution of Ashes, February 14
- Choral Highlights for Ash Wednesday and the First Sunday of Lent
- Exploring the Creed, a Faith Foundations course taught by Theresa Prymuszewski, Thursday, February 15
- Stations of the Cross led by Deacon Andrew Clyne, Friday, February 16
- Simple Lenten Meal w / guests from Interfaith Power & Light, Friday, February 16
- Study of the Gospel of Mark with Fr. Jack Hurley, 1st of a 3-part series, Saturday, February 17
- Light the City, an evening of prayer and evangelization w / Cardinal Wuerl, Saturday, February 17