The summit of the liturgical year is the Easter Triduum, which begins on the evening of Holy Thursday and ends on the evening of Easter Sunday. Though chronologically three days, they are liturgically one day unfolding for us the unity of Christ's Paschal Mystery. The single celebration of the Triduum marks the end of the Lenten season, and leads to the Mass of the Resurrection of the Lord at the Easter Vigil.
Schedule for Holy Thursday
- 9:00am: Morning Prayer, St. Anthony Chapel
- 11:00am to Noon: Confessions (4 confessors)
- 12:10pm: Mass of The Lord’s Supper (Contemporary Choir)
- 5:30pm: Solemn Mass Of The Lord's Supper (Schola Cantorum)
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament until 10PM
- 9:45pm Night Prayer
Mass of the Lord's Supper
The Mass of the Lord's Supper will be celebrated on Holy Thursday, April 18 at 12:10pm, and again at 5:30pm with the Washing of the Feet. This rite, the Washing of the Feet, also is known as the Mandatum,from Jesus' words at the Last Supper (Jn 13:14) and the first word of one of the antiphons that may be heard during the ceremony: "Mandatum novum do vobis…" (I give you a new commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you, says the Lord).