Creation Care Team Corner – Pope Francis & Laudato Si’,
- Pope Francis’ encyclical, Laudato Si’, is a text of landmark significance in Catholic Social Teaching. He challenges us to rethink our relationship with nature.
- Pope Francis reframes the environmental dialogue from a political discussion into language of faith. Creation, the natural world around us, is recognized as a precious gift from God.
- Pope Francis extends an “urgent challenge to protect our common home… to bring the whole human family together to seek a sustainable and integral development, for we know that things can change.”
- He asks us to examine our lifestyles through sound ecological virtues and to focus less on material things.
- Through active stewardship and reducing excessive consumption/waste we demonstrate our care for Creation and gratitude for this great gift.
To join our parish Creation Care Team, contact Phil Downey at email@example.com.