News and Statements from the Archdiocese of Washington
- March 13, 2020 Letter to the Faithful from the Archdiocese of Washington
- March 12, 2020 Statement of Archbishop Gregory
- March 6, 2020 Additional Precautions Provided to Parishes regarding Coronavirus
- February 28, 2020 Statement from the Archdiocese regarding Guidance on the Coronavirus
Resources from the Archdiocese of Washington
- Coronavirus Resources and Information
- Coronavirus Dispensation and Prayers
- Handout on Dispensation and Prayers, "What Should I Do If I Can't Go to Mass?
- Archdiocese of Washington Sunday TV Mass
- Live-streamed Masses and Prayers
- Pope Francis' Prayer to Mary
Catholic Standard Articles
- Archbishop Gregory's column: ‘New normal’ from coronavirus can be a time to open our hearts more to God and each other - March 15, 2020
- During shutdown of public Masses due to coronavirus, Catholics can draw on TV Mass, spiritual resources - March 15, 2020
- Due to coronavirus, Archdiocese of Washington announces plans to cancel public Masses and close Catholic schools - March 12, 2020
- In wake of coronavirus, Archdiocese of Washington offers precautions involving Communion and the Sign of Peace - March 12, 2020
- Archdiocese statement offering guidance to parishes on coronavirus follows U.S. bishops' statement on Catholic response to outbreak - February 28, 2020
Cathedral Rector's Letters
- Rector's March 14, 2020 eletter, Staying Close to our Lord as we respond to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Rector's March 13, 2020 eletter, Response to the Coronavirus
- Rector's March 9, 2020 eletter, Protecting against Spread of the Coronavirus
Pope Francis' Prayer to Mary
"O Mary, you always shine on our path as a sign of salvation and of hope. We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick, who at the cross took part in Jesus’ pain, keeping your faith firm.
You, Salvation of Your People, know what we need, and we are sure you will provide so that, as in Cana of Galilee, we may return to joy and to feasting after this time of trial.
Help us, Mother of Divine Love, to conform to the will of the Father and to do as we are told by Jesus, who has taken upon himself our sufferings and carried our sorrows to lead us, through the cross, to the joy of the resurrection. Amen.
Under your protection, we seek refuge, Holy Mother of God. Do not disdain the entreaties of we who are in trial, but deliver us from every danger, O glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen."