The 50 Days of Easter
The 50 days from the Sunday of the Resurrection (April 12, 2020) to Pentecost Sunday (May 31, 2020) are celebrated in joy and exultation as one feast day, indeed as one "great Sunday."
Alleluia is the word for Easter. We pray and sing Alleluia – which means praise be to God – repeatedly in our liturgies throughout the 50 days of the Easter season. Many of the Psalms we hear in the season encourage a spirit of alleluia as they invite us to add our voices in praise and thanksgiving to God for His marvelous works.
Download a pdf file with the 50 psalm lines (courtesy of the Office of Catechesis of the Archdiocese of Washington)
Use the following 50 lines from the Psalms of the Easter season as prompts to find opportunities to praise God in your life. The first day is Easter Sunday, April 12.
Share the joy! Christ is Risen, Alleluia, Alleluia!
1. This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad. 18:24 (April 12)
2. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his mercy endures forever. 18:1 (April 13)
3. You will show me the path to life, fullness of joys in your presence, the delights at your right hand
forever. 6:11 (April 14)
4. The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord. 33:5 (April 15)
5. May your mercy, Lord, be upon us as we put our hope in you. 33:22 (April 16)
6. O Lord, our Lord, how awesome is your name through all the earth! 8:2 (April 17)
7. You are my God, I give you thanks; my God, I offer you praise. 118:28 (April 18)
8. The Lord, my strength and might, has become my savior. 118:14 (April 19)
9. I thank you, for you answered me and you have been my savior. 118:2 (April 20)
10. I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall always be in my mouth. 34:1 (April 21)
11. Magnify the Lord with me; let us together extol his name. 34:2 (April 22)
12. Fear the Lord, you his holy ones; nothing is lacking to those who fear him. 34:8 (April 23)
13. Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the stalwart one who takes refuge in him.
34:9 (April 24)
14. Wait for the Lord; take courage; be stouthearted, wait for the Lord! 27:14 (April 25)
15. Truly the Lord is our shield, the Holy One of Israel, our King! 89:19 (April 26)
16. I bless the LORD who counsels me; even in the night my heart exhorts me.16:7 (April 27)
17. I set the LORD ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed.
16:8 (April 28)
18. You are my rock and my fortress; for your name’s sake lead me and guide me. 31:4 (April 29)
19. But I trust in you Lord; I say, “You are my God”. 31:15 (April 30)
20. Shout joyfully to God, all the earth, sing of his glorious name; give him glorious praise.
66:2 (May 1)
21. Come and see the works of God, awesome in deeds before the children of Adam. 66:5 (May 2)
22. Bless our God, you peoples; loudly sound his praise. 66:8 (May 3)
23. Blessed be God, who did not reject my prayer and refuse his mercy. 66:20 (May 4)
24. Return, my soul, to your rest; the Lord has been very good to you. 116:7 (May 5)
25. I will repay my vows to the Lord, in the presence of all his people. 116:14 (May 6)
26. I offer sacrifice of praise and call upon the name of the Lord! 116:17 (May 7)
27. May the nations be glad and rejoice for you judge the peoples with fairness, you guide the
nations upon the earth. 67:5 (May 8)
28. May the peoples praise you, God; may all the peoples praise you! 67:6 (May 9)
29. Sing a new song to the Lord, for he has done marvelous deeds. 98:1a (May 10)
30. Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth; break into song; sing praise. 98:4 (May 11)
31. Rejoice, you righteous, in the Lord; praise from the upright is fitting. 33:1 (May 12)
32. Let all the earth fear the Lord, let all who dwell in the world show him reverence. 33:8 (May 13)
33. It is we who bless the Lord, both now and forever. Hallelujah. 115:18 (May 14)
34. Great is the Lord and worthy of much praise, whose grandeur is beyond understanding. 145:3
35. All your works give you thanks, O Lord, and your faithful bless you. 145:10 (May 16)
36. My mouth will speak the praises of the Lord, all flesh will bless his holy name forever and ever.
145:21 (May 17)
37. I rejoiced when they said to me, “Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord.” 122:1 (May 18)
38. Praise, you servants of the Lord, praise the name of the Lord. 113:1 (May 19)
39. Blessed be the name of the LORD both now and forever. 113:2 (May 20)
40. Be exalted over the heavens, God; may your glory appear above all the earth. 57:6 (May 21)
41. My heart is steadfast, God, my heart is steadfast. I will sing and chant praise. 57:8 (May 22)
42. I will praise you with a sincere heart as I study you righteous judgments. 119:7 (May 23)
43. Let the faithful rejoice in their glory, cry out for joy on their couches. 149: (May 24)
44. I thank you, Lord, with all my heart; in the presence of the angels to you I sing. 138:1 (May 25)
45. For the sake of my brother and friends I say, “Peace be with you.” 122:8 (May 26)
46. Praise him, all you his angels; give praise, all you his hosts. 148:2 (May 27)
47. Praise him, sun and moon; praise him, all shining stars. 148:3 (May 28)
48. Let all praise the Lord’s name; for he commanded and they were created. 148:5 (May 29)
49. All you peoples, clap your hands; shout to God with joyful cries. 47:2 (May 30)
50. Sing praise to God, sing praise; sing praise to our king, sing praise. 47:7 (May 31)