We begin May celebrating St. Joseph (May 1 is the Memorial of St. Joseph the Worker), and throughout the month we honor Mary, Queen of the Rosary.
Pope Francis Letter on the Rosary
Pope Francis in late April wrote a letter of encouragement for the faithful to take up the Rosary in May, a traditional month of devotion to our Mother and her beautiful prayer. Read Pope Francis' Letter to the Faithful.
Here are the resources that Pope Francis himself provides on the Rosary in his letter:
- The Holy Rosary Vatican webpage containing links to how to pray the Rosary, the Mysteries of the Rosary, and papal documents on the Rosary
- Two prayers that we are invited to pray at the end of each Rosary - prayers that Pope Francis will pray with us in spiritual union during the month. Click here or on photo for a printable copy of the two prayers. "Dear brothers and sisters," he writes, "contemplating the face of Christ with the heart of Mary our Mother will make us even more united as a spiritual family and will help us overcome this time of trial."
Below are additional resources from our livestream Masses and prayer resources webpage.
Praying the Holy Rosary
- Nightly (8pm call-in) local rosary teleconference - 605-468-8016, access code 357090# - Council of Catholic Women of the Archdiocese of Washington -
- How to Pray the Rosary - USCCB
- Prayers of the Rosary - USCCB
- Scriptural Rosary: Justice and Peace - USCCB
- Scriptural Rosary: The Sorrowful Mysteries - USCCB
- Pro-Life Rosaries - USCCB