Schedule for Mass, Prayer, Confession, and Devotions
Special Schedule Notes
February 10 - Ash Wednesdsay, February 10, marks the beginning of Lent. Below is the special schedule for the day's liturgies.
- Masses with distribution of ashes - 7:00am, 8:00am, 11:00am, 12:10pm (His Eminence, Donald Cardinal Wuerl), 1:15pm, 5:30pm, 7:00pm (en español). Ashes will not be distributed outside of Mass.
- Stations of the Cross - 3:00pm (English), 8:00pm Via Crucis (en español)
- No Confessions - No confessions are scheduled on Ash Wednesday.
February 15 - Monday, February 15 is Presidents' Day, a Federal holiday. The Cathedral will open at 7:30am and close at 1pm. Masses will be at 8am and 12:10pm with no Confessions and no Eucharistic Holy Hour (Holy Hour rescheduled to February 22). The Rectory offices will be closed.
Stations of the Cross – The Stations of the Cross in the form adopted by St. John Paul II are prayed each Friday during Lent in English at 6pm beginning on February 13, each Sunday during Lent in Spanish at 2:15pm, and on Good Friday at 7:30pm.
Wednesday Evening Lenten Confessions - The Light is On - On Wednesdays from 6:30pm to 8pm beginning on February 17, confessions will be available in English and Spanish. To find confession times at other parishes and for additional resources visit http://www.TheLightisOn.org.
View our Lenten brochure for a schedule of all of our liturgies, lectures, music and other Cathedral events during the holy season of Lent through Easter Sunday. Click here (en español), or pick up copies in the Cathedral or at the Rectory later this week. Take an extra for a friend or family member - help us to spread the word!
Regular Schedule of Masses, Confessions, Prayers and Devotions
Sundays (the Cathedral opens at 6:30am)
- Saturday Vigil 5:30pm (cantor and organ)
- 8:30am (cantor and organ)
- 10:00am Latin - Ordinary Form (Schola Cantorum and organ*)
- 11:30am (interpreted for the deaf; Schola Cantorum and organ*)
- 1:00pm Spanish (Spanish Choir, instruments, piano and organ)
- 5:30pm (Contemporary Choir, except for Summer Ordinary Time)
* except for Winter and Summer Ordinary Time when the Schola is on hiatus
Weekdays (the Cathedral opens at 6:30am)
- 7:00am (not celebrated from July 1 through and including August 30)
Saturdays (the Cathedral opens at 7:30am)
Federal Holidays (the Cathedral opens at 7:30am and closes at 1:00pm)
- 5:30pm vigil (cantor)
- 11:00am (cantor) (No 11am Mass on August 15, 2014, the Solemnity of the Assumption)
- 12:10pm (cantor)
- 5:30pm (cantor)
- 7:00pm (en español, con cantor)
Liturgy of the Hours
Tuesdays and Fridays at 7:30am (St. Anthony Chapel)
11:00am-12:00pm (except Holy Days and Federal Holidays)
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
First Friday of each month (12:45pm-5:15pm)
Third Monday of each month (6:00pm-7:00pm with confessions)
Reparation to the Blessed Virgin
First Saturday of each month at 12:10pm
St. Anthony Novena
Tuesdays after 5:30pm Mass
Miraculous Medal Novena
Wednesdays after 5:30pm Mass
Return to the top