To encourage a deeper awareness of our duties to God’s creation and to take action at the individual, state, national and global level with a focus on prayer, ecological conversion, energy efficiency, conservation, and advocacy efforts.
From Pope Francis
"Dear friends, time is running out! Deliberations must go beyond mere exploration of what can be done, and concentrate on what needs to be done, starting today. We do not have the luxury of waiting for others to step forward, or of prioritizing short-term economic benefits. The climate crisis requires 'our decisive action, here and now' (Laudato Si’, 161) and the Church is fully committed to playing her part."
Monthly Virtual Care for Creation Green Team Meetings
- Join us monthly to discuss projects and help plan activities that promote the Laudato Si' mission within our parish and beyond. Email the Co-chairs, Phil Downey and Simone Seym, for more information.
- Join us, virtually once a month, 6:00-7:00pm, every third Thursday: Jan 20, Feb 17, Mar 17, Apr 21, May 19, Jun 16, Jul 21, Aug 18, Sep 15, Oct 20, Nov 17, Dec 15.
- The link for the recurring meeting is as follows: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86181574570; Meeting ID: 861 8157 4570; call in: 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Archdiocese of Washington - Laudato Si' Action Plan
Buy Clean Renewable Power
Support Environmental Legislation in Maryland
Sign the Catholic Climate Declaration (St. Matthew's Parish has!)
Support Pope Francis' efforts: Stand with Pope Francis: Sign our Holy Father’s message for a just response on COVID and the Climate Emergency!
Join the Global Catholic Climate Movement which is directly connected to the Vatican’s Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development.
- Laudato Si’ Study Series I: Caring for our Common Home
- Laudato Si’ Study Series II: Being Prophetic People
- Earth Day 2020 - 50th Anniversary: Movie Screening & Discussion of “FLINT - The Poisoning of an American City"
- Laudato Si’ Week May 16-24, 2020
- Movie Screening & Discussion - Pope Francis: A Man of His Word
- Season of Creation: September 1 - October 4, 2020
- Laudato Si’ Prayer Service
- Simone Seym describes her passion for Creation Care Ministry in the Social Justice Blog
- Lifting creation care to the top in Washington, D.C.
- Fratelli Tutti, Series I: Fraternity, Geschwisterlichkeit, and Social Friendship