To encourage a deeper awareness of our duties to God’s creation and to take action at the individual, state, national and global level with a focus on prayer, ecological conversion, energy efficiency, conservation, and advocacy efforts.
From Pope Francis
"Dear friends, time is running out! Deliberations must go beyond mere exploration of what can be done, and concentrate on what needs to be done, starting today. We do not have the luxury of waiting for others to step forward, or of prioritizing short-term economic benefits. The climate crisis requires 'our decisive action, here and now' (Laudato Si’, 161) and the Church is fully committed to playing her part."
Monthly Virtual Creation Care Team Meetings
- Join us monthly to discuss projects and help plan activities that promote the Laudato Si' mission within our parish and beyond. Email the Co-chairs for more information. March 18, 2021 06:00 PM ET (US and Canada), 04/15, 05/20, 06/17, 07/15, 08/19, 09/16. 10/21, 11/18, 12/16
- Recurring Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83478448196
- Meeting ID: 834 7844 8196 - Call in: 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Buy Clean Renewable Power
Support Environmental Legislation in Maryland
Sign the Catholic Climate Declaration (St. Matthew's Parish has!)
Support Pope Francis' efforts: Stand with Pope Francis: Sign our Holy Father’s message for a just response on COVID and the Climate Emergency!
Join the Global Catholic Climate Movement which is directly connected to the Vatican’s Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development.
- Laudato Si’ Study Series I: Caring for our Common Home
- Laudato Si’ Study Series II: Being Prophetic People
- Earth Day 2020 - 50th Anniversary: Movie Screening & Discussion of “FLINT - The Poisoning of an American City"
- Laudato Si’ Week May 16-24, 2020
- Movie Screening & Discussion - Pope Francis: A Man of His Word
- Season of Creation: September 1 - October 4, 2020
- Laudato Si’ Prayer Service
- Simone Seym describes her passion for Creation Care Ministry in the Social Justice Blog
- Lifting creation care to the top in Washington, D.C.
- Fratelli Tutti, Series I: Fraternity, Geschwisterlichkeit, and Social Friendship
Some members of the Creation Care Team at the 2019 AWS Earth Day Clean Up.